The holidays are without question one of the coolest times of the year and for sure an occasion to enjoy our families, kids, friends and of course FOOD! It is absolutely fine to go through the festivities being accompanied by good tasty dishes and good quality wine or prosecco, however we need to set a limit if we want to enjoy before, during but most important after!
Tips for Treating Yourself Right!
In this article I will give you tips on how to keep yourself well trained and well fed during the holidays while still enjoying the food you love with the people you love!
1) Do not skip the gym: Do not skip the gym if it is open and keep training with the same intensity you are used to or even harder then your usual. Keep your routine the same without moving everything to the after party.
2) Increase your post-workout cardio sessions: Increase post workout cardio sessions, aiming to complete 3 to 4 sessions of 30 minutes at medium intensity level. Do not make the common mistake of prioritizing your speed over the intensity level. Set the effort or difficulty level to a number such that you can keep the watts at or above your weight in pounds. For example: elliptical, weight 180 lbs (81 kg) watts 180 or above. Set effort level such a way you aim to keep that number stable throughout the session. Your heart rate should fall between 125-140, this is when you can burn the most fat especially after the first 20 minutes of cardio.
3) Calories In VS Calories Out: Remember that fat accumulates when you ingest more calories than your body needs. If you keep training regularly you will be able to enjoy your dinners or parties.
4) Limit alcohol to special occasions only. Many people do not reach their desired results because they drink regularly. If you drink do so in moderation and drink plenty of water.
5) Do a little magic: Before a family lunch or dinner, drink a Casein Protein Shake (powder – 2 scoops) with your favorite liquid (milk, or juice or water) about 30 to 60 minutes before the meal. Casein protein is a very slow absorbing high-quality protein made from milk, which plays a vital role in many aspects, but on this occasion, it will help you avoid arriving at the dinner table hungry or even starving, so you won’t overeat! Et voilà! For sure now you are not going to abuse food and feel guilty afterward as the shake will act as a pillow in your stomach reducing not only its capacity but creating a sensation of fulfillment for a while!
6) Detox your body: Every morning, drink 25 ml of Aloe Vera mixed with water to help detox your body from free radicals and other contaminants. You can find it at any pharmacy around the world.
7) Drink water: Last, but not least, drink plenty of water throughout the holidays.
Your Holiday Training Routine!
If you cannot make it to the gym because of Covid-19 restrictions, you can try this simple at home fat burning training routine which will workout your entire body thanks to your own body weight.
Push-Ups: Start with 3-5 sets of 10-20 reps (or as many as you can). This exercise will mostly target your pectorals, deltoids, biceps, and triceps.
Groiners: Start with 3 sets of 10 reps. This exercise targets your glutes, hip flexors, and hamstrings.
Spider Crawl: Start with 3 sets of 10 reps. This exercise targets shoulders, chest, upper back, arms, and glutes.
Standing Long Jump: Start with 3 sets of 8 reps. This exercise targets your hamstrings, thighs, back, abs, hips, and glutes.
Burpees: Start with 3 sets of 20 reps. This exercise targets your arms, chest, quads, glutes, hamstrings, and abs.
Glute Bridge: Start with 3 sets of 10 reps. This exercise targets glutes, thighs, hips, core, hamstrings.
Mountain Climber: 5 sets at 60 seconds per set. (Use timer). This exercise targets deltoids, biceps, triceps, chest, obliques, abs, quads, hamstrings, and hip abductors.
If you do not know how to perform those exercises, the internet is a great place to find demonstration videos.
If you desire a more personalized training plan you can always visit www.befit2fly.com and chose the right option for you and your goal!
Andrea’s aim is to offer fitness and health advice and coaching to flight crew, cabin crew, travelers and aviators in general, by putting together his experience of aviation as a flight crew and his experience of fitness as athlete and coach. This is an amazing opportunity for aircrew to get top-tips and detailed training programs that can work around their flying roster and hectic and busy lifestyle!
welcome aboard the new airside
We took our community to the next level with an elevated look, innovative features, and new tools.